- There are many more Assholes at the Asshole Store, though I think they picked this asshole because he is a Master Asshole, the biggest bestest Biggest Bestest Master Asshole in the system.
- Male Trouble.
- I mentioned to a Hillaryite Colleague last week that the smartest thing the GOP/Trump could do would be withdraw Kavanaugh and name whatever her name was that was mentioned in the short-listing of candidates as a cynical See! Woman! and rush her through
- but assholes being assholes they would (a) never withdraw Kavanaugh until and unless absolutely necessary and (b) would not replace a male with a female in that instance.
- Depressive Weimar Ranting.
- One crucial side-effect of the Kavanaugh Shitstorm: Fuck the Washington Nationals.
- My affection was always more for the local radio play-by-play - and Charlie and Dave are great - but I've been weening off all summer, don't listen even in the car anymore.
- Noble Prize Non-Countdown!
- An old observation on Blegsylvania: the bigger the shitstorm the slower becomes Blegsylvania.
- Me? I work for a boss who thinks fair = nice, not fair = equitable, and gives me grief for being fair in both contexts.
- UPDATE! Life-sized Fleabus at new (replacement) other place.
- On Clark Coolidge's Poet.
- A big fat postponed and hopefully abandoned - from here - bleggalgaze.
- Bryan Ferry is 73 today, lots of songs here, but holyfuck, I love this song:
[Sometimes I thought those things were]
Sometimes I thought those things were
different than he thought they were not?
many of us went along with them anyway
small peremptory poems? walks off to
back of studio handstands among plantstands
the phone calls would come later
The poems ran on a sort of dry insistence
you shouldn't've had to read them but you did