- Was in a casino Sunday past lunch, my aunt
- - thank you again if you see this -
- celebrating Earthgirl's 60th by treating us to four $5s each and then lunch.
- I never need go to a casino again
- of the multiple Anonymouses I'm liable
- gambling not one
- I did find the poker tables, my four $5s sixteen $5s short of being able to sit down at one
- leaving me four more $5s short of an ante and zero $5s to go all in on an offsuit 8 - 3
- No fine metaphors particularly abounded
- - I am telling you three times we are being reprogrammed -
- - the slot machines, lordy, the research into them, the research out of them -
- - datamine the desperation addiction, addictive desperation, what to call
- beyond of course House always wins
- - please take this on faith, Everybody Wants to Rule the World on muzak at casino
- - Brilliant song, I don't hear it often, I forgot what a great fucking song when I hear it again
- Faith is certainty my music bliss rendered holy by my sore-throated toilet singing voice and won't play hexagon-gridded board games with small cardboard chips finger dexterity
- We are ruled by sociopaths.
- This is true, Earthgirl can vouch: the muzak also Don't You Want Me Baby-ed
- Elric detailed his theories on the song
- Yes, Genghis Khan was a sociopath, I said to my Kamalahillaryite colleague yesterday
- his options to destroy the world when conquering failed limited
- Talking to sociopaths
- Day after tomorrow is Blogroll Amnesty Day
- Bleggalgazing Anthems will be posted
- The googlebot crawlers still motherfucking crawling, the fuck
- Living with cults.
- The Tears for Fears drove me here, I posted in on twitter, nobody clicked:
PENTATINA FOR FIVE VOWELS
Today is a trumpet to set the hounds baying.
The past is a fox the hunters are flaying.
Nothing unspoken goes without saying.
Love’s a casino where lovers risk playing.
The future’s a marker our hearts are prepaying.
The future’s a promise there’s no guaranteeing.
Today is a fire the field mice are fleeing.
Love is a marriage of feeling and being.
The past is a mirror for wishful sightseeing.
Nothing goes missing without absenteeing.
Nothing gets cloven except by dividing.
The future is chosen by atoms colliding.
The past’s an elision forever eliding.
Today is a fog bank in which I am hiding.
Love is a burn forever debriding.
Love’s an ascent forever plateauing.
Nothing is granted except by bestowing.
Today is an anthem the cuckoos are crowing.
The future’s a convolute river onflowing.
The past is a lawn the neighbor is mowing.
The past is an answer not worth pursuing,
Nothing gets done except by the doing.
The future’s a climax forever ensuing.
Love is only won by wooing.
Today is a truce between reaping and rueing.