- Was in a casino Sunday past lunch, my aunt
- - thank you again if you see this -
- celebrating Earthgirl's 60th by treating us to four $5s each and then lunch.
- I never need go to a casino again
- of the multiple Anonymouses I'm liable
- gambling not one
- I did find the poker tables, my four $5s sixteen $5s short of being able to sit down at one
- leaving me four more $5s short of an ante and zero $5s to go all in on an offsuit 8 - 3
- No fine metaphors particularly abounded
- - I am telling you three times we are being reprogrammed -
- - the slot machines, lordy, the research into them, the research out of them -
- - datamine the desperation addiction, addictive desperation, what to call
- beyond of course House always wins
- - please take this on faith, Everybody Wants to Rule the World on muzak at casino
- - Brilliant song, I don't hear it often, I forgot what a great fucking song when I hear it again
- Faith is certainty my music bliss rendered holy by my sore-throated toilet singing voice and won't play hexagon-gridded board games with small cardboard chips finger dexterity
- We are ruled by sociopaths.
- This is true, Earthgirl can vouch: the muzak also Don't You Want Me Baby-ed
- Elric detailed his theories on the song
- Yes, Genghis Khan was a sociopath, I said to my Kamalahillaryite colleague yesterday
- his options to destroy the world when conquering failed limited
- Talking to sociopaths
- Day after tomorrow is Blogroll Amnesty Day
- Bleggalgazing Anthems will be posted
- The googlebot crawlers still motherfucking crawling, the fuck
- Living with cults.
- The Tears for Fears drove me here, I posted in on twitter, nobody clicked:
PENTATINA FOR FIVE VOWELS
Today is a trumpet to set the hounds baying.
The past is a fox the hunters are flaying.
Nothing unspoken goes without saying.
Love’s a casino where lovers risk playing.
The future’s a marker our hearts are prepaying.
The future’s a promise there’s no guaranteeing.
Today is a fire the field mice are fleeing.
Love is a marriage of feeling and being.
The past is a mirror for wishful sightseeing.
Nothing goes missing without absenteeing.
Nothing gets cloven except by dividing.
The future is chosen by atoms colliding.
The past’s an elision forever eliding.
Today is a fog bank in which I am hiding.
Love is a burn forever debriding.
Love’s an ascent forever plateauing.
Nothing is granted except by bestowing.
Today is an anthem the cuckoos are crowing.
The future’s a convolute river onflowing.
The past is a lawn the neighbor is mowing.
The past is an answer not worth pursuing,
Nothing gets done except by the doing.
The future’s a climax forever ensuing.
Love is only won by wooing.
Today is a truce between reaping and rueing.
i love mcgrath's poemReplyDelete
it reminds me of something from firesign theatre -
"THIS is the future. You got to LIVE it, or LIVE WITH it."
and, sooner or later, get out of the way
tomorrow is the deadline for my submission to my college class's 50th reunion book - some have already gotten out of the way
Do you think your trolling game went to hell because of your failing eyesight, or is it just part of your overall decline? Either way, sweet baby Ba'al junior you've lost your curve ball, beloved. And the knuckler just isn't bailing you out like I think you maybe hoped.ReplyDelete