- Normalizing hostility in the Clusterfuck.
- Re: the photo in the above link - I walk at lunch, all around Georgetown, two homeless men working, both on west side of Wisconsin at M, one north side of M, other south, the shit they get instead of the coins and singles in your pockets, the fuck is wrong with people.
- Revolts do not have reasons; they do however have a logic: Rancière on Gilets Jaunes.
- Is a translation, but if the above quote means what I think its what I've been trying to say about Triskelions and failed each time.
- Why end Omar's career.
- DC will be Dallas when Planet is 45.
- Nobody wants Venezuelan Oil.
- Econ PhD students, the fucks, I can vouch.
- Another Murnane review. Feldman now in solitary confinement, I am completely without gah to finish Elkin's Bad Man, the fuck is wrong with me.
- Judith sees the head of a lion.
- Hey, it's Peter Gabriel's birthday, I think of his music all the time.
Pretty soon you won't be doing that to get high.
You'll be doing it to get dressed.
Your time-traveler seminar will be meeting in room 250
Tuesday three years ago.
Eine Kleine Death Music.
You're fired, actually.
You weren't born that way.
And it didn't happen overnight, no, you had to work hard all
your life to achieve it;
a power over you steadily increasing in direct proportion to
disbelief in it,
to the very evident fulfillment of your greatest fear:
you're going to live. When you wanted to quit
you could not, and when you could -
When you could you weren't about to.
i got to this from the link about why congressperson omar needed to apologize for making factually correct statementsReplyDelete
In the movie The Matrix, humans are imprisoned in a virtual world by a powerful artificial intelligence system in a dystopian future. What they take to be reality is actually a computer program that has been jacked into their brains to keep them in a comatose state. They live their whole lives in that virtual simulation, without any way of knowing that what they appear to be experiencing with their senses is actually made of AI-generated code.
Life in our current society is very much the same. The difference is that instead of AI, it’s psychopathic oligarchs who are keeping us asleep in the Matrix. And instead of code, it’s narrative.
Society is made of narrative like the Matrix is made of code. Identity, language, etiquette, social roles, opinions, ideology, religion, ethnicity, philosophy, agendas, rules, laws, money, economics, jobs, hierarchies, politics, government, they’re all purely mental constructs which exist nowhere outside of the mental noises in our heads. If I asked you to point to your knee you could do so instantly and wordlessly, but if I asked you to point to the economy, for example, the closest you could come is using a bunch of linguistic symbols to point to a group of concepts. To show me the economy, you’d have to tell me a story.
johnstone overstates when she says these constructs are "mental" - a construct in somebody else's mind can wipe out your bank balance, or pull the trigger on a gun in their hand - so they are both imaginary and real - as a peter gabriel lyric puts it
All of the buildings, all of the cars
Were once just a dream
In somebody's head