Me at 8AM smelling the World's Shittiest Human's latest self-serving turd
- I got Dr Sevrin ears
- Not coincidence Clinton dump splats day of Trump's impeachment
- ANGRY FOREVER
- not coincidence dump splats day after National Cracker Cosplay Day
- not coincidence NCCD coincides with MLK Day
- not coincidence impeachment trial starts after NCCD
- I am mad online
- Collapsologie: constructing an idea of how things fall apart
- The playbook for poisoning earth: we are ruled by sociopaths
- I. Hate. Motherfucking. Democrats.
- I need a pop song
My mother and I are on the front porch lighting each other's cigarettes
as if we were on a ten-minute break from our jobs
at being a mother and son, just ten minutes
to steal a moment of freedom before clocking back in, before
putting the aprons back on, the paper hats,
washing our hands twice and then standing
behind the counter again,
hoping for tips, hoping the customers
will be nice, will say some kind word, the cool
front yard before us and the dogs
in the backyard shitting on everything.
We are hunched over, two extras on the set of The Night of the Hunter.
I am pulling a second cigarette out of the pack, a swimmer
rising from a pool of other swimmers. Soon we will go back
inside and sit in the yellow kitchen and drink
the rest of the coffee
and what is coming to kill us will pour milk
into mine and sugar into hers.