We may have witnessed the final pitcher AB in MLB history in Game 5 of the World Series: Top 7th, Gerrit Cole struck out vs Sean Doolittle. https://t.co/BtHGSoHrUE— Mark Zuckerman (@MarkZuckerman) June 18, 2020
I'll remember this as the hill I finally die on, but I've been boner for my final baseball apostasy forever
- Bought that at Sights & Sounds
- Baseball & Classicism
- Strange, the more weird and dangerous each day gets the more duh for me to write about it
- At first I thought the constant kayfabe breaking clogged my processing the constant kayfabe breaking, but no, nothing revealed should surprise, that each morning's breakage is normalized by dinner predictable, processing *that* is duh
- SeatSix's birthday today, happies (was Section 232 seats 3, 4, 5, 6, fuck me I don't remember the row, B20?)
- I admit: I credited our shitlords for more smarts to brawn proportional than I should, hiring genius algorithmists and tech savvy experts in vermin herding and paying mercenaries for vermin control, ancient shitlord traditions
- I again recommend the first two of Hilary Mantel's Henry Trilogy for wicked insight into how our shitlords think
- Blooooger tells me it's update or die, now woooordpress, fucking cops, algorithmists
- The Babe Ruth album, which is mostly good! has a song called Black Dog, I don't know if album released before or after the Zeppelin album with it's hey hey mama said the way you move gonna make you sweat gonna make you groove Black Dog, but both songs suck, fine metaphors abound
- Pseu played that yesterday on her Thing With a Hook
- Postemodernist discourses are often exclusionary/bell hooks
- Reminder: shitlords have told Democrats to lose to Trump, they will comply
- 25 million in cop abuse suits
- Do not revere John Roberts: At the time, I found it shocking that the chief justice was essentially telling the Trump administration that it could turn the president’s prejudices into public policy with adequate lawyering and sufficient legal pretext. I assumed that the administration would do the necessary work of providing pretenses for its decisions, in order to achieve the policy outcome it desired. What I did not expect was that the Trump administration would not even bother to do that much.
- Is cruelty required?
- The political economy of Covid-19
- The history of Roxy Music's first album!
- Dan reviews Stitch
- New Fiery Furnaces!
- On Pseu's show yesterday she then played Kitchens of Distinction and you need at least scroll past the next four songs to get to the poem you probably won't read
ANALYSIS OF BASEBALL
It’s about Ball fits
the ball, mitt, but
the bat, not all
and the mitt. the time.
Ball hits Sometimes
bat, or it ball gets hit
hits mitt. (pow) when bat
Bat doesn’t meets it,
hit ball, and sails
bat meets it. to a place
Ball bounces where mitt
off bat, flies has to quit
air, or thuds in disgrace.
ground (dud) That’s about
or it the bases
fits mitt. loaded,
Bat waits fans exploded.
to mate. It’s about
Ball hates the ball,
to take bat’s the bat,
bait. Ball the mitt,
flirts, bat’s the bases
late, don’t and the fans.
keep the date. It’s done
Ball goes in on a diamond,
(thwack) to mitt, and for fun.
and goes out It’s about
(thwack) back home, and it’sto mitt. about run.